Unfortunatelly, for now all the funded PhD positions in the group “Neuronal self-organization and optimality” are filled.
I will gladly support applications of well-qualified students for external funding. To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of the current academic transcript and, if available, a written sample of scientific research, e.g., a manuscript, thesis, or other work product
- Contact details for 2-3 referees
Please, include your name and the code “AL239” in the subject of your e-mail. Send your applications to anna.levina at uni-tuebingen.de
Advice for applicants:
When writing the letter of motivation, please make sure it is in English and includes answers to the following questions
- What is your educational background and what are you good at?
- Among the projects you completed and lectures you have attended, what were your strengths and preferences?
- What are your abilities with regard to mathematical pen-and-paper calculations and numerical simulations?
- Why would you like to work in neuroscience? What sort of project you think would be ideal for you?
- Do you prefer to explore broadly posed questions or do you prefer to focus on a specific, well-defined problem?
There are also possibilities for excellent Postdocs with theoretical background in physics, mathematics or computational neuroscience.